- Are wary of American arrogance and hypocrisy
- Trace much of today's anti-American hatred to previous US foreign policies.
- Believe political solutions are inherently superior to military solutions
- Believe the US is morally bound to intervene in humanitarian crises
- Oppose American imperialism
- Support international law, alliances, and agreements
- Encourage US participation in the UN
- Believe US economic policies must help lift up the world's poor
Historical liberal: President Woodrow Wilson
Modern liberal: President Jimmy Carter
Spot on, for the most part. And if you're asking "What's a neocon?" chances are you just landed here from another planet and would benefit from reading the neocon faq.